Why Hire A Bookkeeper For Your Book keeping
Benefits of engaging an independant bookkeeper include:
- By paying hourly, you only pay for what you use, so youíre not paying for downtime.
- You reduce overheads by not having to pay PAYG tax, holiday and leave loading, Superannuation, Workcover, sick pay and meal breaks.
- In quiet times youíre not paying for another staff member that you donít need.
- You can claim all expenses involved in engaging an independent bookkeeper.
- Youíre not having to pay to train a staff member to do your bookkeeping, and then find that your staff member has moved on before you see any benefit.
- By engaging an independant bookkeeper you are paying a fully trained expert in their field, saving you time and money
- No training necessary
Book keeping fees will be less than if you use an accountant to complete these regular tasks.
Bookkeepers should be expected to:
- Record receipts/payments and complete bank reconciliation
- File records
- Work out instalments for PAYG
- Complete the Business Activity Statement (BAS)
- They may also be able to:
- Offer training in the use of software
- Collect debts
- Write cheques (ready for your signature)
- Assist with quotes
Correct Book Keeping
Most mistakes with the BAS and general accounting procedures is made because of the wrong installation of software and the wrong accounting codes used.
The bookkeeper should make contact with your accountant to ensure the Chart of Accounts is set up as the accountant requires. To ensure that software is set up correctly, you require someone who understands the specific software you are using as well as accounting procedures.
The more you know about your business, the better informed your decision
As well as assist you with your income tax (which will now have to correspond with your BAS returns), an accountant should be able to give you assistance with the development of your business, by offering:
- To prepare Cash flow projections
- Cash Flow Management
- Financial analysis
- Assistance costing/pricing
- Referrals to a network or professionals to advise with financial advice, superannuation, workplace agreements, succession planning, venture capital, marketing, IT, e-commerce, mentoring, marketing etc.
Contact us today and let us become a bridge between you and your accountant
BAS Due Dates
3rd Quarter: 28/04/11
4th Quarter: 28/07/11
1st Quarter: 28/10/11
2nd Quarter: 28/02/12
Order your copy of Quickbooks HERE
- Bookeeping Services
- Why Businesses Fail
- Why outsource Bookkeeping?
- What are mobile bookkeepers?
- Benefits of Good Book-Keeping
- Why Hire a Book Keeper
- Contact us NOW!
QB Product Range
- Quicken Personal 2010
- Quicken Personal Plus 2010
- Quicken Home and Business 2010
- Quickbooks Easystart LITE 10/11
- Quickbooks Easystart 10/11
- QuickBooks Accounting 2010/11 QBi series
- QuickBooks Plus 2010/11 QBi series
- QuickBooks Premier 2010/11 QBi series
0415 453 536
A Good Bookkeeper?
- A good book keeper is as hard to find as a good credit controller Small business can have as many book keepers as ....More
Bookkeeping with Quickbooks Accounting Software
- For many Gold Coast businesses keeping up with everything day to day is challenging enough, without having the additional burden of ....More